Hair is made up of Keratin (Type of protein) that is produced in hair follicles in the outer layer of your skin. Normally hair grows six inches a year. The hair what we see is a dead string of dead keratin cells. The average person has about 100,000 to 150,000 hairs and loses up to100 of them a day. It varies from an individual to another. It can be the results of environmental factors, heredity, hormonal change, the medication that you are taking for some disease, genetic factors, and scalp infection. Most of the people are facing hair fall problem today’s in this polluted environment.
Symptoms of hair loss
Hair loss can come on suddenly or gradually on your scalp or the whole body. it can appear in different ways. Hair loss can be temporary or permanent. Here are various symptoms of hair loss.
Gradual thinning on top of your head
We can see this is the most common type of hair loss. This affects both men and women. In men, hair often begins to fall from the forehead.
Circular or patchy bald head
Some people experience coin size (patchy) baldness. This is also called ‘alopecia areata’. But sometimes also spread to the beard and eyebrows). You may feel itchy or painful before the hair falls out.
Sudden loosening of hair
Sometimes physical or mental stress can cause hair to loosen. A handful of hair may fall out when combing or washing your hair. This is the most complex issue.
Full body hair loss
Hair loss of your full body called as ‘alopecia totalis’. The reason behind this is a skin condition. this leads to complete baldness on the scalp. This is different from ‘alopecia areata’.
Causes of hair loss
Heredity is one of the main reasons behind men hair fall. It is also called as men pattern bald or androgenetic alopecia (a genetic condition). this is not only in men, but even women also facing this problem (hair thin).
Acute Stress Disorder
Long term stress and anxiety one of the main reasons for your hair loss. Stress can result in three types of conditions namely Alopecia areata, Telogen Effluvium, Trichotillomania which is causing hair loss.
Hormonal Changes and medical conditions
especially in women during the pregnancy, menopause, and thyroid are the major problems which cause hair thin or hair loss. Some of the medical conditions like scalp infection, insufficient nutrition diet causes hair loss.
Radiation therapy will generally cause hair loss. As our scalp is very sensitive to radiation. So once the therapy is done feel like a sunburn (pink, tender or inflamed). Over a period the person scalp becomes dry and itchy. All these might cause hair to fall.
Certain hairstyles and treatment
some hairstyles that pull your hair tight can cause hair loss. Along with that some treatments like hot oil treatment cause inflammation of your hair follicles that leads to hair loss.
Prevention or precaution of hair fall
- Avoid stressful life by practicing meditation and take care of yourself.
- Enrich your diet with proteins and vitamins. Eggs, meat, spinach, fish, nuts help you maintain a proper diet for healthy hair growth.
- Avoid brush wet hair that can cause form fungus and itchy your scalp. which easily results in hair fall.
- Avoid harsh chemicals and hair colors which cause damaging your hair.
- Keep yourself always hydrated, take enough (8 glasses of water) every day.
- Use essential oils for scalp massage which helps your hair follicles remain active.
Best home remedies for hair fall
onion juice helps to stop hair fall as its high sulfur content, which helps to improve your blood circulation to the hair follicles. And one more benefit of onion juice is it has antibacterial properties that remove bacteria on your scalp. Take three tablespoons of onion juice and two tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel mix properly apply on your scalp. then leave it for 30 minutes. Finally, shampoo your hair.
Amla (Indian Gooseberry)
Amla is rich in Vitamin C, which helps to hair growth naturally. Due to the deficiency of Vitamin C in your body, many problems might arise include hair loss. Along with Vitamin C many other properties like anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-bacterial in Amla which can help to maintain a healthy scalp and strengthen your hair follicles.
- Mix one tablespoon of amla juice with one tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Apply this on your scalp properly, then leave it for 30 minutes.
- Then shampoo your hair. Do it until to get better results.
- It is one of the best natural ways to grow your hair.
Aloe Vera plays an important role in balancing the pH levels of your hair to maintain a healthy scalp. Aloe Vera contains Enzymes that help to grow healthy strong hair. Regular use of Aloe Vera juice on your scalp that reduces infection on scalp and strengthens your hair.
- Extract and apply Aloe Vera juice on your scalp s
- Leave it for one hour then shampoo your hair with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this three time a week.
Essential Oil Massage
Oil massage on your scalp is one of the finest ways to stimulate your hair follicles to increase hair growth.
- Essential oils like lavender, Rosemary, almond oil, olive oil, and coconut oil are better and gives you faster results.
- Massage any one of the oils gently on your scalp with your tip of the fingers.
- Leave it for one hour then shampoo your hair. Do this once a week.
Fenugreek Seeds (Methi)
This is one of the best remedies to stop your hair fall. Fenugreek seeds contain hormone antecedents that help to grow strong and thick hair.
- Soak one cup of Fenugreek seeds in water overnight.
- Next day morning grind them to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on your hair and scalp then leave it for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair with lukewarm water.
- Do this twice a week until to get a better result.